The Feldenkrais Method Website is a multi-facited site with many objectives. It is a careful balance of information and marketing for both the Feldenkrais Method and Frank Wildman’s private practice. These objective include:
- Introducing the user to the Feldenkrais method
- Establishing the instructor, Frank Wildman, as a pioneer in this method
- Encouraging signups for workshops and professional sessions
- Promoting Frank Wildman’s private practice
- Stimulating sales for Frank Wildman’s products on the subject.
All the content for the new site was taken from the original website which was in great need of TLC. Many links were broken, information was out of date and buried many pages deep. After creating a content inventory, it was possible to update, eliminate and restructure pages and content. A new sitemap, concept model and user flows could be created. This inturn lead into wireframes and prototyping. Note: due to budget constraints, not all steps in the UX process were possible.
- Graphic Standards: Graphic standards were created with fonts, colors and image styles. These standards will be carried throughout future marketing to begin the branding process.
- Creative Repurposing: S571 repurposed the original artwork by ghosting it and utilizing it as background images. This created interesting “eye candy” but diluted the “out of date” feel of the images.
- Created multiple conceptual designs for implementation. This allowed the client to combine design elements from multiple sources to create the desired look, feel and functionality.
- Production/Development: S571 implemented the design and functionality from conceptual design through the production process.
- Proposal writing and winning the bidding process. This included estimating the project scope, schedule, resources, fees and other aspects of the project.
- Acting as team lead in all meetings with agendas and tasks lists.
- Informing client of project status or changes and keeping the project in scope, on schedule and on budget.
- Coordinating vendors and acting as a “funnel” creating a seemless project with one point of contact for the client.
- Project close out including final tweaks, invoicing and client approval for uploading to the live URL, post-mortum checklist and client survey.