The Monsanto Chemistry Reference Manual is distributed to sales representatives in the field. In total the binder includes 50+ double-sided pages within seven tabbed sections. Each section includes terminology, fact sheets, product mixing and handling information, brand stewardship and other resources. The information specifically targets Monsanto’s soybean, cotton and corn industries.
- To create a cohesive look and feel throughout the manual even though the information displayed in each section is very diverse and unrelated.
- To give equal importance to all company products and divisions throughout the entire manual.
- The information presents itself as a cohesive unit, due to utilizing design master pages, style sheets, font hierarchy and a complimentary color palette.
- All divisions were equally represented through the imagery. All product logos were displayed in equal proportion and integrated into the page design template and are visible in the bottom margin of every page.
Budget & Schedule Challenge:
Due to the large numbers of binders needed and the proximity to planting season, both the budget and schedule were tight.
Budget & Schedule Solution:
The design was created in order to utilize a substantial number of binders left over from a previous project. The binders were slipcover in style, which avoided the costly print run of custom hardcover binders. This type of binder also assists in shortening the print production time and made the binders available sooner.
- Created multiple conceptual designs for implementation. This allowed the client to combine design elements from multiple sources to create the desired look, feel and functionality.
- Production/Development: S571 implemented the design and functionality from conceptual design through the production process.
- Leading all meetings with agendas and tasks lists.
- Promptly answering email/phone correspondence.
- Informing client of project status or changes and keeping the project in scope, on schedule and on budget.
- Project close out including final tweaks, invoicing and client approval for sending to the print vendor, post-mortem checklist and client survey.